Saturday, January 9, 2010

I Faux Pas, do you?

Today's blog is bought to you by none other than a walking Fashion Faux Pas. But do I make my faux pas' look good enough to pass as an accepted member of society within Second Life?


As stated on Free Dictionary, a faux pas is a gaffe, slip, blooper, blunder, boo-boo, botch, bungle, foul-up, fuck-up, an embarassing mistake. Something I am sure we have all done, no?

Recently I was given the opportunity to write as a fashion blogger for Avatar Weekly. A small job in SL that I feel quite chuffed to have been given the privilege of fulfilling. Now I haven't been blogging for long. And the blogs that I have done have all been for myself. A way to just blab about thing I like and hope that maybe one day they will be read.

One thing that really gets up my nose though....is other bloggers paying out on each other. We are not all perfect. No one is perfect. And if they think or say that they are, they are only fooling themselves and lying to the rest of the world. We are human, to err is to be human. Yes we live our lives in the virtual world of Second Life. But there are living, breathing humans making those avatars operational.

Now as I mentioned, I am now writing for Avatar Weekly. After a recent post was published it was bought to my attention that another blogger was criticizing pictures on blogs that featured 'bling' in them. *gasps*....the room goes quiet as the tumbleweeds drift by.

This blog is in no way aimed at the blogger for making their comment. For all I know, I could have a massive ego and assume that they have read my blog post...but who knows. There are heps of blogs out there that the comment could be referred to. But in any case it struck a raw nerve.

I don't have all the fancy, expensive clothes and shoes in SL. I don't have all the top designers from around the grid on my friends list. I don't blow wind up their shirts and blog about them left right and centre and get freebies from them to blog about in future. I spend my own lindens, which I struggle to make and I purchase nice clothes and shoes from the lesser known brands that are still just as bloody good if not better in some instances. And yes, slap a set of handcuffs on me and take me away, I sometimes fuck-up and forget to take off the bling. It takes all sorts to make the world go round and I am just one of those sorts.

So if in future you read a blog, see a flicker post, a plurk comment, someones profile in SL and to 'YOUR' eyes it's imperfect. Just stop and think for a minute.....have I ever had a day where I have stuffed up and someone has sat back and probably thought the exact same things about me. Because I would bet my bottom dollar on it there are people out there that will say yes.

We all need to get our start somewhere in life. Some of us in SL are fortunate enough to be naturally talented. Some of us have to work hard at it. For those that have the natural talent...or are lucky enough to have good friends make you look good.....try not to step on us little ones in future. After all, it is us that read your blogs, buy your designs and help you live the life you are getting accustomed to.

Hair - Brianna, Scarlet by Sirena
Eyes - Beloved Turqoise by Beloved Designs
Nose Pencils by Reek
Shirt - OMG / STFU Girls Tees by Reek
Shorts - Hot Pants in white by Redgrave
Shoes and Socks - Super Sneaks Platform Wedge by MK Fashion
Bandaids - Ouch! Bandaid knees by Reek
Poses - Flip Off by [LAP] & Girl Sit animation (dz738) from Kuso

3 comments:

  1. People are seriously bitching because you didn't turn particles off? LOL! Oh give me a break! wow, it never ceases to amaze me how small some people are! WOW! Oh well, last laugh on them really, if they have nothing better to do than to pick at something so trivial then they clearly have very sad shallow lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah....who gives a shit...if people give you grief over your dam avatar outfit that's their problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's coming from a man who went around in a Coolaid Man avatar for a week when he got into SL

    ReplyDelete