Wednesday, March 3, 2010

YumYum

I'm a comfort shopper. Some people are comfort eaters or smokers or drinkers when they are down. Me - I shop! And I'm so glad I did this time. Check out my awesome new buys.

I was on the hunt for a hoodie. A cute hoodie that wasn't "too girly" but wasn't "too masculine". Low and behold I end up buying a dress and a complete outfit including shoes and a hairstyle to match.

I TP'd to this cute little shop I have never heard of, **DP** yumyum. (is it wrong that my mind instantly went to the gutter?) This place is AWESOME with a capital everything! In such a small, quaint little setting this place manages to grab your attention with their attention to detail on their surroundings and decorations AS WELL AS their products. I had to do the walk around twice. Once just to check out the area and the second time to shop.


My first buy(s) is this neat little Autumn/Winter outfit - yes it is that time for me in my part of the world. The **DP**yumyum romantic sweater (navy colour shown) comes with 2 sleeve prim options - short, with no shirt underneath showing (above) and long with frilly shirt sleeves (below). It also has the same options for the collar - plain, high turtleneck collar (above) and plain, high turtleneck collar with frilly shirt collar underneath (below). There is also the option of a belt tie in the same colour as the shirt prim layers (below). The textures on these sweaters is very high quality. Slightly faded around the seams and with a worn look about it. It certainly made me feel all cozy and warm. [also available in black, red and green]

To accompany my new jumper I grabbed a new pair of jeans. My instant reaction was to purchase the standard blue or black jeans. But then I had a second thought and went for something different. The *yumyum jeans: set05 are a faded tan stone-wash colour. The best part - you get two lengths in the pack. You can choose to wear them as shorts - with the prim cuffs for an autmny feel (above). Alternatively wear the standard length ones for a more rugged up wintery feel (below). The long length jeans come with prim cuffs - wear the jeans without the cuffs and your boots fit right over the top. Wear the cuffs on your jeans and your slip on shoes peek nicely out from underneath. There's a multitude of ways to wear just these two simple items. I was going to leave it at that and put on a nice pair of plain black shoes to finish off my outfit so went for a peek into some of the little stores on the side of the building. A leisurely stroll to complete my shopping trip - Hello KAO!

Small store with only a few items on the shelves - the likes of bikini's, dresses a skin or two and my KAO Suede Fringe Boots. To die for! And a perfect addition to my outfit. There are four colours to choose from and like the bad person I am I forgot to write down the proper names for the other colours. I purchased the ash colour to match my jeans but there are black, brown and a grey as well. Just like my sweater and my jeans the boots had two options to choose from. Tall or Short. The tall coming up to just under knee (shown below) and the short being lower mid calf length (shown above).

After feeling slightly better for having done my comfort shop for the day I figured I was safe to wander a bit more to look at the furniture and accessories scattered around the place. They were crying out to me I tell you. "Rors, buy me...buyyy meeeeee". How could I resist?

My last two purchases were the **DP**yumyum rose petal dress (in black) and the *barberyumyum* 19 (in black) hair style. I could almost just walk around with no shoes on in these socks/stockings that come with the dress. They are soooo cute with one being a little slouched as it has slipped over the knee and scrunched up material around the ankles. The dress itself is simple yet stunning. This can easily be a casual daily dress or dressed up for evening wear. With little shoulder frills and simple flowing skirt layers - it's just perfect. Also available in many other colours - plain and two tone.

Finding a hair that fits around my ears can be a challenge at times. I find I either have to go for a long style and just have my ears "poke through" the length hanging down over them. Or I need to modify a fair deal to not be growing hair "inside" my ear. I modded one piece on this hair style. That's right....ONE! It's a bun style with the bun being a hair-bow perched nice and high. a simple straight fringe with flexy strands falling gently from the temples and the base of the neck.


I still haven't found my hoodie though.


The what's and where's:

Skin: Lovely: Racoon by Curio
Hair: *barberyumyum* 19 in black from **DP**yumyum
Ears: *~* Mystic Ears *~* Elfin/Natural from *~*Illusions*~*
Eyes: Basic Blue Deep from Eponym
Sweater: **DP**yumyum romantic sweater in Navy from **DP**yumyum
Jeans: *yumyum jeans: set05 from **DP**yumyum
Boots: Suede Fringe Boots in ash from KAO
Dress (incl socks): **DP**yumyum rose petal dress in black from **DP**yumyum
Poses used: Female Pose #1 from ~Sinsity~
Fashion Blogger #3 from ~Sinsity~
Strut your pose #1 from ~Sinsity~
Model Pose #224 from SEmotion Studio
Prim Skirt Stand #6 from Couverture
Diva Pose #11 from SD Designs
Shoes Pose #13 from *Luth* ((DSN Free Gift))
Attitude Model Pose #6 from Studio Sidhe

No comments:

Post a Comment