Monday, May 31, 2010

What is DSN?

Upon going through my mountains of folders and finding that I 'had nothing to wear' today I decided it was time to sort my 'DSN' folder. I was talking with Bill at the time, him being newly introduced to the SL world had no idea what I was talking about. It was then during one of my outfit changes that, my RL housemate/SL Sister, Ember walked past my computer saying "Oooo cute, where did you grab that from"?. When I said it was a DSN gifty, she too looked at me like I had a third eye protruding from my brow. So it seems that it's not only just the 'noobs' that have no idea what DSN is.

DSN - Designer Showcase Network - is a group of designers that offer select items from their store as free gifts to anyone registered in their category with a DSN Kiosk. I checked this afternoon and there were currently 362 Designers registered as offering gifts to subscribers.

The process is all quite simple. You locate a kiosk (there's one here in one of my favourite boutiques) and click the sign. A pop up box appears on your screen and you select which group/s you would like to be registered in. You can select one or all. The choice is yours. Then sit back and wait for the designers to release new items into their DSN vendors, you then get said item delivered to you. If at any time you decide you don't want to receive the free gifts (like who would want to give up freebies, huh) all you do is locate a kiosk, touch it and remove your choices. Simple as that.

The categories to choose from are:
1) Full Avatars
2) Vehicles, Weapons & Gadgets
3) Skins & Hair
4) Animations & Poses
5) Jewellery & Accessories
6) Female Fashion
7) Male Fashion
8) Home Decor
9) Business, Services & Tools

The fact that the two closest people to me SL at the moment, one being fairly new and one being over 3 years SL old, had not heard of DSN spurred me on to take a few happy snaps of recent items I have received via my Female Fashion subscription and spread the word to you all.

OUTFIT: Cristallina Dress in Pink (also available in red, purple, green, black, eggplant, golden yellow, beige and blue) from Reale*
SKIN: Acorn Frex [light] Elf-Soot 2 from Curio Skins
HAIR: Sylvia Streaked in Swedish Blonde from >Truth<
EYES: Dreaming Eyes in Azur from <<<>>>
SHOES: Shandria V2 w/Tita Toes in Dark Wood from Pixel Mode
POSE: Model Pose #215 from SEmotion Studio

OUTFIT: Evita Set from **CIA Designs**
SKIN: Acorn Frex [light] Elf-Soot 2 from Curio Skins
HAIR: Green II in Crayon from Maitreya
EYES: Dreaming Eyes in Azur from <<<>>>
SHOES: Bella Sneaks (colourable) from MK Fashion
POSE: Model Pose #60 from SEmotion Studio

OUTFIT: Exclusive Layered Combo from .hc&co.
SKIN: Acorn Frex [light] Elf-Soot 2 from Curio Skins
HAIR: Poppyseed in Obsidian from !lamb
EYES: Dreaming Eyes in Azur from <<<>>>
SHOES: Girls Biker Boots (foot only worn) from Redgrave
POSE: Female Pose # 3 from Sinsity

OUTFIT: Cherry Babydoll from ^^Moulliez
SKIN: Acorn Frex [light] Elf-Soot 2 from Curio Skins
HAIR: Joanna in Sangria from >Truth<
EYES: Dreaming Eyes in Azur from <<<>>>
SHOES: Frenzy in Pearl from Maitreya
POSE: Cute Charlotte from [LAP]

No comments:

Post a Comment